Top 3 Blinkie

Monday 27 September 2010

Busy busy busy

I have taken this moment whilst I can to post some cards that I have had to quickly make for some friends. As I have so much going on at work at the moment, I am having trouble concentrating and being creative. I have created a few though but at the moment I don't have the time to add the supplies I have used...(I will add this when I have more time). 



Rather vibrant card for my Al :)




Birthday card for a work colleague.
Papertrey Ink All about You Stamps.
Rather cute owl card suitable for slipping in a gift card.
This is just a rough card experimenting with card cutting and embossing. 
Another rough attempt for a fun card.
I recently heard the average person owns 15 cookbooks but rarely cooks more than 5-7 recipes all the time. I must admit I am a cookbook fiend and owns lots. So I thought I would embrace the challenge of cooking more recipes. One of my fears is making bread, as normally they turn out like bricks. If you have seen the film 'About a Boy', that loaf that he threw at the ducks was made by me. So I saw a recipe for Hazelnut and Apricot bread in the Good Housekeeping Institute vegetarian recipe cookbook and thought I would give it a go. I must admit my chappie gave me a hand with the kneading, as I only have very small hands. It seemed to work and the dough was like a creature when it was left to rise. It went sightly berserk. Encouraged by this I decided to try a recipe for stuffed focaccia and soda bread too. The kitchen was a frenzy...there was flour everywhere and our arms hurt from all the kneading. It was worth it though....here are results. 

Hazelnut and Apricot bread
Soda Bread



Stuffed Focaccia with spinach and cheese.
Right must dash...watching the 'Inbetweeners' before bed. Work is so hectic I need plenty of sleep otherwise I will be falling asleep at my desk. Dribbling on my keyboard is not a good look to have. 
Till next time x


2 comments:

  1. Hee hee - you have made me smile at the thought of you not having enough time to be creative but out come several gorgeous cards and the most amazing looking bread I have ever seen lol! I would love to be not that creative ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma! I must admit I wish I had more time to do more though. I have a week booked off at the end of November and I am so looking forward to a week of crafting, baking and making Christmas goodies. I am looking forward to seeing the new Stampin' Up catalogue. :)

    ReplyDelete