Top 3 Blinkie

Sunday 10 October 2010

Christmas paper tearing

Supplies: Kraft card-Stampin Up, Tall Tales designer paper-Stampin Up, Ribbon-Stampin Up, Sentiments and Christmas Tree stamps-Merry and Bright Additions PTI, & Beyond Basic Borders-PTI


I was on a bit of a roll with paper tearing and decided to use some more of my Stampin Up stash to create a couple of Christmas cards. The above card was inspired by one I had seen on the Hero Arts website. I was going to stitch along the wavy line but the sewing machine starting to play up so I covered up the holes by using some ribbon!

The card below is my favourite of the weekend make. I picked up the dove stamp for 50p in a bargain bucket in The Range.

Snowdrift joy
I stamped the dove onto some Kraft card with some clear ink and embossed it. The fab snowflake paper is from Dovecraft's Christmas Fancy paper stack.
I cut the small branch from a scrap I had. I had the great Joy stamp from Stampin Up and didn't quite have the right coloured ink so I mixed a red and white ink. It was surprised it turned out as well as it did. I didn't have any ribbon that seemed to suit the card so I cut some more of the card scrap I used for the branch and voila. I think it works quite well.

Till next time
x

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love the pink background for that dove card - really makes it lush, fab stamp find too! :o)

    ReplyDelete