Top 3 Blinkie

Sunday 31 October 2010

Popping up and pearls

This is the first weekend in ages that I haven't cooked anything major. I really couldn't muster up the energy to do it. The weather wasn't up to much so I spent a while in my little room having a go at a pop up card using the Hero Arts Woodland creatures stamps I bought recently.


I saw the pop up technique on a Hero Arts video and thought I would give it a whirl. I teamed it up with some Minds Eye Bloom and Grow Paper, distress inks and some crackle accents. Here is what I came up with it...


Paper: The Papershop, Kraft-Stampin'Up, Minds Eye Bloom & Grow
Stamps: Hero Arts Woodland creatures, Elzybell Alphabet
Selection of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for watercolouring and blending
Versafine Black Onyz ink, Crackle accents, Green and White Bakers Twine
Perfect Pearls-Ranger
I am going to give it to Al's mum for her birthday which is coming up. Your probably thinking this would suit a child more, but she is very young at heart! The photo does not really do much justice to the card to be honest. 

I also had a fiddle with some embossing powder and a Tim Holtz mask which was in a package I had recently. Not sure this entirely works or not...and I am now covered in Gold Perfect pearls. OOPS!

Paper:The Papershop
Stamps: Dovecraft Christmas sentiments, PTI Out on a limb revised
Gold embossing powder, Tim Holtz Distressing Inks, Ranger stickles, Tim Holtz Ideology mask, Ranger Perfect Pearls Gold.
Raffia.
So after all that playing and trying out new techniques, I think it is time for bed. 
Night night all...beware of the ghouls and ghosties of the night
Till next time
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment