Top 3 Blinkie

Wednesday 13 October 2010

The dove from above

I liked the pink paper and the dove from the last card making session so much I thought I would use them again in a slightly different way. I saw a card on the Hero Arts website idea gallery which used one of the 'Two Peas in a bucket' Big Owl for the main centrepiece. Here is my inspiration

I loved the layout of the card, so I thought I would adopt this, replaced the owl with the dove and used different papers for mine. I also added some snowflakes on the Kraft, which I embossed with some glittery holographic powder. You can't see it very well on the photo. You also can't see what a mess I made doing it. I now have glittery trousers and look like a throwback from Abba.

It is a little on the busy side but was a nice little project for the night nevertheless.

Supplies: Snowflake and Joy stamps from Stampin Up
Dove stamp from a bargain bucket in The Range
Kraft card-Stampin Up
Ribbon and embossing powder from selection at The Range
Selection of papers from Dovecraft Christmas Fancy paper stack

After I fiddled about with this, I then found I had a very cool cutout of a dove in some kraft card. I couldn't let this go to waste so I made a little gift tag for Christmas. 
Waste not want not and all that! It is quite simple but looks effective. I like it so much I think I may have to make some more. 


Made from Kraft card-Stampin Up, Sentiment stamps from PTI and ribbon from selection in The Range
I am kind of excited at the moment, as I am waiting on some clear stamps, buttons and ink from the old Elzybells website. Unfortunately Elzybells decided to close its doors. I managed to find the website before it closed and purchased a lot of the reduced stock. It is a shame that the store had to close as it sold some fun stamps. I will post some photos when they have arrived and I have had some fun playing with them. 

I also have been itching to have a go at Tim Holtz's distressed ink. The techniques you can use with his products look really cool. When I was searching the web I found Oyster stamps which seemed to be selling the ink a lot cheaper than other crafting stores online. The website is a bit on the disorganised side, but nevertheless they have some fab finds. I am now waiting on a selection of distressed inks and stickles and can't wait to have a go. 

With Stampin Up's new catalogue and also PTI's launch coming up, I think it will be an expensive month. I have seen some wonderful stuff in Stampin Up and also love the sneak peaks for the October stamps on PTI. The designs for the friendship jars on Mish Mash's site are wonderful. Choices choices!!!!! Oh well my birthday is in December so perhaps the crafting fairy will be kind to me!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh love the scallops on the Christmas card - lovely. Again the tags look really classy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    This is suh a beautiful card and I love the tags you made from the cut out of the dove.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog it's lovely to see another blogger from Wales!
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both :)
    Hello Julie! :) Well what can I say...Wales is simply the best!
    Thanks for visiting my little blog :)
    Pickle :)x

    ReplyDelete